Automated Guided Vehicle
Our Automatic guided vehicles (AGV) engineering team has specialized in designing wholly computer controlled, Full on wheel based, custom built load carriers that are capable of handling wide range of payloads for various applications.
Over the years, we have designed and developed AGVs for many key industrial facilities such as Hospitals, Warehouses, Irrigation, Hazardous material handling and have deployed our AGVs in harsh environments where human exposure has to be avoided at all costs.
We work closely with industries to understand their process needs and help them to improve process efficiency to usher them in to industry 4.0 age. Our rich technical experience powered by AI allows us to provide intelligent solutions that improve the efficiency and accuracy of the logistics operations a critical area of focus for better performance for many industries.
Overview of AGV
AGV system is a fully Autonomous navigation robot system using SLAM (Simultaneous localization and mapping). It is widely used for transportation of items in production, warehouse and distribution centers without manual intervention or permanent conveying systems.
- Given the command for predefined path to the vehicle, it should reach that destination points avoiding all the obstacles as well as localizing automatically itself.
- SLAM implementation is done by using Map Generation, Localization, Rqt graph, Autonomous navigation, Rviz and LIDAR.
- Gmapping is a technique that has been used to create 2-D grid map floor plan by utilizing LIDAR technology. The information about the obstacles in the simulated world is stored in two costmaps. Global costmap is used for global path planning. The local costmap is used for obstacle avoidance with dynamic path planning.
- AMCL (Adaptive Monte Carlo Localization) used to localize the robot using LIDAR data, odometry data and the map of environment. Localization estimates the position and orientation of the vehicle with respect to the environment.
- LIDAR technology is used to detect static and dynamics obstacles. Also used to create environmental floor map as well as localizing using LASER.
- ROS (Robot Operating System) is used to create a virtual environment, create robot model, implement the algorithms and virtual visualization of the data in real time world. Rviz is simulation tool used for data visualization and Rqt graph is a tool used to visualize all the running nodes.
- The information about the obstacles in the simulated world is stored in two costmaps. Global costmap is used for global path planning, it makes a long term path plan over the map. The local costmap is used for obstacle avoidance and local path planning.
- Open Transportation Control System (OpenTCS) is used for Multiple AGVs fleet management. Management of the state of entire system, provision of dedicated driver, dispatch orders for transportation, computation of routes and track clearance for vehicles are achieved using OpenTCS.
- Using plant overview’s graphical user interface(GUI) driving path can be created and modified interactively to build complete transportation systems. The crucial techniques / features such as load change stations, paths to be traveled by vehicles, path-specific speed limits, report and halting live position & orientation of vehicle, planning of their future route, battery Status, manual input of transport orders to AGV are obtained using OpenTCS.
Block Diagram of Automatic Guided Vehicle
Archircture of Automatic Guided Vehicle
Main functions of AGV
- Custom point cloud generation on a new environment to 3D Map it.
- Ability to save the 3D map generated to add in node locations such as loading dock, battery dock etc.
- AGV is built to generate custom path based on the 3D map generated between the origin and the destination.
- To identify the initial and final positions of the vehicle automatically.
- AGV is built to avoid static and dynamic obstacles, it also defines dynamic paths as per the obstacles in its path.
- Localizing itself automatically in an unknown place, When given a map of that area.
- Providing Environmental 3D Map by Using SLAM Technology.
- Shortest distance path Selection as well as run multiple AGVs at the same time.
- Vehicle Power monitoring as well as Real time vehicle Navigation tracking by using OpenTCS
- Providing live Position & Orientation information by using encoder and navigation stack.
- Dynamic path planning Storing Localized real time path itself.
- The vehicle is built to send data to the centralized server to analyze and modify its dynamic path.
- Provide additional feedback in order to provide intermediate results between request goal and result Such as Goal state : Pending, Active, Succeed, Aborted, Recalling, Lost, Preemptive etc.
Main Features of AGV
- Execution of algorithms programmed for the moving in different path on the factory floor.
- Motion detection and mapping using LIDAR technology
- Controlling, routing and scheduling with wireless connectivity.
- Provide high accuracy PID based feedback and differential drive control system for each wheel.
- Plant Modeling and Visualization based system by using “OpenTCS”.
- Can run multiple AGVs at the same time.